First Time Visiting?
Try Your First Float or NovoTHOR Whole-Body Light Therapy
Whether you are just exploring, or looking for relief from a specific issue, we want to make it as easy as possible to experience how Float Milwaukee can help you become a healthier you.
What to Expect Your First Time
This walks you through the whole process from start to finish. Our goal is to make this as comfortable as possible for you.
Trying NovoTHOR for the First Time
Interested in red and near-infrared light therapy? Heal on a cellular level with Photobiomodulation Therapy (PBMT) to improve flexibility, kickstart circulation, and reduce inflammation — all in about 15 minutes. Learn more about NovoTHOR.
Special Offer for Your Next Two Sessions
Did you enjoy your experience? Save an extra 37% on your next two Float sessions for just $100. Or get half off your next two NovoTHOR sessions for just $70 total.
Frequently Asked Questions
All types of people come to Float Milwaukee to experience the benefits of floating. Have questions about your experience? Here is a full list of the most common questions about floating in general, and about our facility.
A few tips/reminders to prepare you for your float or NovoTHOR session:
Please arrive 10-15 minutes (5-10 minutes for NovoTHOR) early to find parking, check in, sign the waiver, and get settled, especially if this is your first float.
You should NOT attend a float or NovoTHOR session if any of the following are applicable:
- You have recently dyed your hair. You will want to wait at least a week from the date of your last color treatment, until the water runs clear in the shower and no color transfers to a white towel. Also, please bring your own towel if you have any concerns about hair dye or self-tanning products being left behind.
- You have recently gotten a tattoo. Check with the artist – but wait at least two weeks until it is completely healed and you’re able to soak it in water, unless they say otherwise.
- You have any open wounds (i.e. surgical stitches) or communicable conditions.
- You have schizophrenia or any similar condition.
- You suffer from psychotic episodes.
- You suffer from epilepsy or seizures (that are not under control via medication).
- You have less than complete control of your bodily functions, including intestinal and urinary disorders.
- If you are pregnant, or have any medical condition floating could potentially negatively impact, please consult your medical professional.
- You have Covid symptoms, have recently been exposed to Covid, or CDC/State recommendations suggest that you should stay home.
In addition, here are some other things to keep in mind:
- We have seven reserved parking spots across the street in a gravel lot (see posted signs). Additionally, there is free street parking available all around us. Freshwater Way has unlimited first-come, first-served parking, and 2nd and 3rd Streets have two hour limits (which should be more than enough for an hour-long float). You may need to go a block or two away to find a spot.
- Upon your arrival, please take a seat immediately to the right, leave your shoes, and put on a pair of our spa sandals. Then come up to the front desk to check in.
- Try to eat a light meal or snack about 60-90 minutes before your session. This will help minimize any discomfort from being too full or being too hungry while in the pod.
- Try not to drink too many liquids just prior to your session, and feel free to use the restroom prior to floating. This will minimize the risk of having to interrupt your float.
- Try not to shave or wax the day of your float to avoid any possible unpleasant (though temporary) stinging sensation that could be caused by the salt.
- You may want to avoid or limit caffeine prior to your float as it can affect the ability to fully relax.
We provide everything you will need to complete your experience. Some things you may want to bring that are not provided are a comb or brush, a contact case, makeup, or any specific hair/shower products you prefer (otherwise we provide body wash, shampoo, conditioner, spray deodorant, lotion, contact solution, and hair spray).
Above all, just relax. Whatever the reasons you’re here, our friendly, professional staff is happy to accommodate you. If there’s anything you need, please don’t hesitate to ask. See you soon!
Book Your Next Float Now
You’ve come this far. Come be our guest. Calm awaits.
As seen in these publications